Fettuccine Alfredo (Low Calorie)
A diet friendly Alfredo sauce with less than half the calories and fat than traditional Alfredo sauce. Under 400 calories and 11grams of fat per serving! What?!
Write a review
- 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4oz container of parmesan cheese
- 10oz of fettuccine noodles
- 2-3 cups of broccoli florets
- Boil noodles and broccoli in separate pots while you prepare your sauce
- Melt 1tbls of butter in a pan along with your garlic
- Once the garlic is fragrant, add vegetable broth, milk, and flour to the pan
- Let the sauce simmer on medium heat until bubbles start to form
- Add parmesan cheese and cook on low until the sauce starts to thicken up
- Once your noodles and broccoli are cooked to your preferred texture drain and mix your noodles, broccoli and alfredo sauce
- Serve hot.
- Note: Pasta sauce will not be as thick as Alfredo sauce made with heavy cream and sticks of butter, but I found it to be a very good and satisfying alternative.
- Note: The entire pot of Alfredo sauce came to 784 calories, which I divided into 5 servings. A serving of this sauce is 92grams and 157 calories before you add your noodles and broccoli. So that made each serving of pasta around 387 calories/49g carbs/ 11g of fat/ 16g of protein (if you're counting).
Melissa Perkins http://melissaperkins.co/